Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Well 2 new songs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well 2 new songs

    One is Light On by the American Idol winner David Cook. Song is written by Chris Cornell and it fits Cook's voice very well and is a pretty good song. I like it, have listened to it several times already. He definitely doesn't disappoint with his voice.

    The next one is one that will disappoint a lot of the people on this board, the new song by Nickelback. It will disappoint a lot of the haters because it may be the most radio friendly song that they have had. I keep expecting them to blow up their sound or overkill it, but the new song Gotta Be Somebody is extremely catchy and will no doubt be played to death.

    Oh yeah one another note, their new cd is being produced by Mutt Lange. I haven't heard of him doing anything outside of his, I guess now former wife, in a long time, so the fact that the song is catchy, at least to me, shows he still has the ear he had.

    I know that a lot of people on here don't like the mainstream sound, and there is some that I dont like, and a lot of non-mainstream that I do like, but I can also appreciate a radio-friendly sound.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well 2 new songs

    Nickelback always days "radio friendly" and then you get on their album, and they rock out.. great band

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well 2 new songs

    Animals is my favorite song by them...it rocks pretty good
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well 2 new songs

    Yeah the new one is very radio friendly but it's a pretty good song overall. Nickelback has a lot of good songs but my fave would probably be Figured You Out.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well 2 new songs

    Nickelback is like spam...packaged and processed for mass consumption...and gets old quickly
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well 2 new songs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nickelback is like spam...packaged and processed for mass consumption...and gets old quickly</div></div>

    Greatness.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •